You are viewing the week of 07/13/03 - 07/19/03

Archive Index | Main Page

Saturday, July 19, 03

Oh boy, it's me! Welcome to Supplimentary Seager Diary Entry 001: "What we did in Omaha." Stay tuned later for Jesse on "What the heck is wrong with our bikes and who to blame" and Morgan concerning a personal announcement.

Wednesday Night: Mike, Mark, Josh, Norm, Myself, and Qehndrah(!) went to go see Pirates of the Carribean at the drive in in Qehndrah's van. We were then assaulted by "Legally Blond 2" as the second half of the double feature. We were in pain. We tried slamming the van doors on our heads but the horrible movie wouldn't go away. It was too dumb to even make fun of. The first movie was good, though. We found a stray cat to play with, too. That ruled.

Thursday: We were going to go to the zoo but we got lazy and slept in. Sleeping in rules. We heard that Jesse didn't get to sleep in all week due to driving his girlfriend to work or something like that. Haha. During the day we all went out own way. Mark and Josh went with their respective Dad's, and the rest of us layed around. That night we went to a BBQ at Jesse's place where we were stuffed with large amounts of yummy food. (thanks Shumakers!) We then went to the art museum and juggled at the outdoor jazz concert in the park outside the museum. It wasn't so much a performance as it was a freestyle jugglefest on the side of a hill. Oh yea, freestyle hill juggling, it's wiggidy wiggidy wack! That night we rented a movie "One Hour Photo" and got scared of Robin Williams.

Friday: Again, we planned on going to the zoo, but, again, we slept in. We also would have had to take the bus due to Josh and Mark being away again with their families again. So, we layed around again. We heard that while we were all laying around for days Jesse was working on the route. Thanks Jesse. Jesse (aka Magellan) also shaved and got a haircut so he looks like a twelve year old. It's quite amusing.

That night we went to a BBQ hosted by the Tangier Shrine and John, our Shriner contact. We juggled and were fed until we were bursting. It was very good - thanks John. We were also given two t-shirts: yellow official ones from the Shrine with the Shriner and Roadshow logos on them for performing, and white heat transfer ones from Mark's Mom with the roadshow front page logo on it. It's makes me proud to see my logos on shirts. Thanks to John and Mrs. Fiddelke for the shirts! We also got a banner to juggle in front of that is really sweet looking. Most likely heavy, but sweet looking none the less. We finished off the night by bowling and having our behinds handed to us by Josh "J-Dogg's" massive bowling skills.

Today (Saturday): Jesse got to sleep in for the first time. We got to pack. In 30 minutes we go to True Wheel where they are working on our bikes and pick them up. Then we ride 26 miles to Glenwood where the RAGBRAI party begins. This will by the first RAGBRAI for many of us. Jesse, Myself, and Mark are the only RAGBRAI veterans. I can't wait for everyone to experience the madness.

Man, I can't wait to get back on the bike. ILYQ

Posted by Seager @ 02:28 PM CST Link |

Wednesday, July 16, 03

We woke up early in the morning to beat the wind out of O'Neal. Our goal was to get out by 6:45 and we would have made it right on time if the rain and thunder hadn't started and made us put on rain covers and plastic bags. When we got outside there was no rain, but there was a great cool breeze and the early morning light made for a really wonderful ride.

Jesse and Morgan were way ahead of us, but we caught up to them at a gas station for second breakfast. There were Wild Stallion energy drink slushies that several of us decided to get. Mmmm. They were so good that we went to get refills. We filled them up to the top of the cup and then put the hemispherical lids on and filled the rest of the way. The guy at the counter told us if we tried to fill them through the hole in the lid we might get a bath, so we thanked him for the warning but proceeded to try since we succeeded the first time. Some small spillage occurred that we promptly cleaned up, but the man behind the counter was displeased with us.

Posted by Mike @ 09:13 PM CST Link [more] |

Sunday, July 13, 03


If you recall, last I wrote I *distinctly* asked you all to help us out by giving us a tailwind. You failed. We did not have a tailwind coming out of Gordon, or yesterday, or today. We've had pretty much beasty side and headwinds the last three days. I'm disapointed in you, you make the tired Seager cry.

Anyway, I'm sure you're all tired of my ranting and would like me to get to the point. Some of you are probably wondering why I'm doing two entries in a row. It's because I'm here, and they aren't. *nya* The most considerate of you in the bunch, and the ones with the best memories, are most likely wondering if Jesse and Morgan did, in fact, get eaten by a bear the other day.


Well, they didn't. There aren't bears on highway 20 in Nebraska. That's just silly.

As usual, click the more link to get to the part of this entry that isn't completely useless.

Posted by Seager @ 10:54 PM CST Link [more] |




May 2003


08/31 - 09/06
08/24 - 08/30
08/17 - 08/23
08/10 - 08/16
08/03 - 08/09
07/27 - 08/02
07/20 - 07/26
07/13 - 07/19
07/06 - 07/12
06/29 - 07/05
06/22 - 06/28
06/15 - 06/21
06/08 - 06/14
06/01 - 06/07